This past week, my SURF (Sweet, Unique, aRtsy Friends) Club delivered their service project, which I’ll show you later in this post. In case you missed my last post, my girls spent their April craft days making fairy gardens for two grandmothers in our community. On their last week I thought it would be fun for the girls to make their own fairy gardens. 🙂
For this craft I provided my girls with the following supplies:
- Easter cartons (bought on clearance from Hobby Lobby)
- Craft moss, Easter grass or other filler (my daughter simply used a square piece of cardboard)
- Ribbon “grass” (it came on a ribbon roll from Hobby Lobby)
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks (Please supervise children)
- Neon pebbles, river rocks, mini pinecones, rose shavings, etc.
- Other small embellishments, such as tiny clothespins, wooden spools, pom poms, beads, sea shells, glitter, etc.
- Paper straws, string, etc.
- Buttons are great for this craft (think flowers, frogs, owls, butterflies, etc.)
- I splurged and bought each girl a miniature unicorn (good luck charm from Red Balloon)
The first thing the girls did was fill their cartons three-fourth’s of the way with some sort of filler, such as Easter grass or craft moss. Then they laid a square of ribbon grass across the top.
And then each girl used her imagination to design an enchanted garden any fairy would love.
Even my daughter got in on the fun. She is now a college graduate! Her graduation is this Friday. Woot! Can you tell the theme she chose for her garden?
And here are the fairy garden pots my girls made to give some cheer to two special grandmothers.
♥ I am happy to say that the last half of April has brought us more sunshine and warmer days. Also, my husband’s boss has agreed to let him try working remotely. So he is home this week and that will be so helpful to move our progress towards getting this house listed within the next couple of weeks. We’re still busy decluttering and moving items to storage and have some small repairs to do.
Thanks for stopping by! I can’t believe it’s almost May! ♥